5.18.2011

it's a jungle out there

Lately I've been noticing our little friends from the animal kingdom a lot more....or maybe they have been noticing me. Seems like every job I work on I find some little creature stopping by to check out my handiwork. And I'm not talking about your run of the mill dogs and cats here. I've managed to catch a few of these critters on camera.


I was less than a foot away from stepping on this gopher snake before I saw him blocking my pathway


This baby rattlesnake was inches away from my hand as picked up some decking


I'm always keeping an eye out for hawks...they are among my most favorite animals. And I like to think they are keeping an eye out for me too. I just wish they'd keep a better eye out for the gophers in our yard.


I found this guy staring at me from our back patio when I woke up one morning.


I caught this lizard listening to my radio, and then I caught him by the tail...


Another baby rattlesnake that I nearly stepped on...I had to put him in a bucket to make sure he stayed out of my way.


This little bugger was inches away from my face when I found him.
I don't mind if you pray for me, just don't scare the crap out me like that.


And then there's this bicho raro I found hiding behind a cabinet. I don't even know what it is but I'm pretty sure its an alien.

P.S. No animals were hurt in the creation of this post (the alien doesn't count)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Eek! I am not coming over ever again!

Amander said...

Yikes! That baby rattler totally freaks me out!

joanna wilde said...

Centipede...freaky little things. Did you let the rattlesnakes live??? :-/ Miss you guys!