5.11.2011

marriage makes me hungry

There is a common phenomenon out there that was shared with us by a few well-meaning friends when we were engaged: with marriage comes weight gain.

A recent conversation we had while putting away our groceries this week got me thinking more about this:

S: (while shoving frozen pizza and ice cream into the freezer) "I haven't eaten this unhealthy in a long time."
K: "I haven't ever eaten this healthy." (I would like to think he is eating more veggies now than in his recent bachelor years)

One could choose to interpret this conversation in multiple ways. I'm choosing to interpret it as another shining example of our magnificent ability to compromise and meet in the middle, even when we aren't thinking about it.

bottom line (no pun intended) - I've joined a bootcamp exercise class that meets twice a week, in a nice park near my work. I love the feeling one gets after an intense workout. There's nothing like it, and it keeps me coming back for more.

No comments: